The RMES microsurgical reconstructive Program is about innovative leadership, fresh thinking, positive impact, and an incredibly talented, diverse, collaborative community – one that forms an invaluable, lifelong network.
As the faculty and staff work with you to achieve your professional goals, you will experience the highly personal nature of an Diploma program like no other.
Our program is divided in four different and independent specialized Diplomas: Breast , head and neck, genitorurinary and limb reconstructive microsurgery,
The Diploma in Microsurgical reconstructive techniques is an experience difficult to beat
“The RMES diplomas are unique programs predicated on the specifics of learning: the acquisition of knowledge, and the reframing of a practice. Students agree that there is before and after these programs”
Jaume Masia MD, PhD
Chief and Professor of Plastic Surgery Department. Hospital de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau (UAB).
“Students will have the opportunity to study the modules and the issues which they are interested in, depending on their wills and objectives in the future.“
Sinikka Suominen MD, PhD
Vice-Director and Adjunct Professor Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (Helsinki University Hospital)
One year educational program in search of excellence in reconstructive microsurgery.
Diploma in Breast Reconstructive Microsurgery (48 ECTS): Face-to face sessions held in 4 cities (Alicante, Barcelona, Timisoara and Helsinki) and Clinical Immersion in 12 out-standing hospitals around the world.
- Diploma in Head and Neck Reconstructive Microsurgery (39 ECTS): Face-to face sessions held in 3 cities (París, Barcelona and Timisoara) and Clinical Immersion in 12 out-standing hospitals around the world.
- Diploma in Genitourinary Reconstructive Microsurgery (39 ECTS): Face-to face sessions held in 4 cities (Alicante, Barcelona, Timisoara and Helsinki) and Clinical Immersion in 12 out-standing hospitals around the world.
- Diploma in Reconstructive Microsurgery of the Limb (48 ECTS): Face-to face sessions held in 5 cities (Alicante, Barcelona, Timisoara, Florence and Helsinki) and Clinical Immersion in 12 out-standing hospitals around the world.
Our educational program delivers comprehensive professional development opportunities for every level of surgical experience. It puts world class training directly into the hands of those who strive for excellence.
- Our Educational Program is divided onto two different parts: The face-to-face part of our Diplomas are given in six or seven modules (depending on the Diploma). The specific clinical immersion program is held in set hospitals.
- Depending on students preferences and availability of centres, the clinical immersion period (M6 or M7) will take place at an important number of reference hospitals and it will take a maximum of 4 weeks.
The on-site evaluation will be held in Barcelona. Minimal requirements to be awarded the Master’s Degree are:
- Attendance of at least 100% in scheduled classes.
- A grade of at least 50% in multiple choice exam for each module.
- Achieve a minimum abilities in microvascular surgery training in a small animal model evaluated at the end of Module 2.
- Surgical efficiency and efficacy of at least 80% through log book and portfolio review during clinical immersion.
- A grade of at least 50% in the final exam involving a presentation of clinical cases.
- The final mark for each Diploma is determined by a combination of the MCQS (40%), final assessment (40%) and research work and Diplomas’ Final Work (20%).
- Research skills: clinical or experimental research projects and literature reviews will be encouraged to be published in a peer reviewed journal.
When you begin the Diplomas program, you will immediately join a unique group of accomplished professionals. You and your fellow students will learn creatively and critically together. You will develop a community of support and lasting professional relationships with your colleagues and professors.